Table of Contents
- Jonard Fiber Optic Inspection Microscope 400x with FC/SC/ST and LC Adapters
- Jonard Tools FOD-2000 Fiber Optic Drop Cable Slitter for 0.250″ Flat Cable , Blue
- FLYPROFiber LC to LC Fiber Patch Cable OM3 100M
- Jonard Tools JIC-375 Three Hole Fiber Optic Stripper with TPR Handle, 6″ Length
- LC to LC Fiber Patch Cable Single Mode Duplex – 1m (3.28ft) – 9/125um OS1 LSZH – Beyondtech PureOptics Cable Series
- Jonard Tools CST-1900 Round Cable Stripper for Fast and Precise Jacket Removal, 3/16″ to 1 1/8″ Diameter
- 1 Meter Multimode Duplex Fiber Optic Cable (62.5/125) – LC to LC – Orange
- Cable Matters OFNP Plenum Multimode Duplex OM3 Fiber Cable 9.8 Feet / 3m (40Gb 10Gb, LC to LC, 50/125 Fiber Optic Cable, Fiber Patch Cable)
- PacSatSales – Fiber Optic Internet Cable – Single Mode Patch Cable – SIMPLEX – OS1-9/125um (1M, SC/APC to SC/APC)
- Jonard JIC-186 Kevlar Ergonomic Fiber Optic Cutter, 6″ Length
- FiberShack – FTTH Fiber Optic Cleaning Box – Fiber Cleaner for SC & LC End Faces & Optical Connectors – 500+ Cleans
- Jonard JIC-63050 High Leverage Cable Cutter with Red Handle, 9-1/4″ Length
- KELUSHI Fiber Optic Connector, FC Male to LC Female Hybrid Optical Fiber Convertor Adapter Compatible with Optical Power Meter Visual Fault Locator
- D YEDEMC Fiber Optic Cable Tester Portable Optical Fiber Power Meter FC/SC/ST Universal Interface Fiber Tester Built-in 1Mw Visual Fault Locator (OPM&VFL)
- Fiber Cleaver Ftth Fiber Optic Tools High Precision 6C Cable Cutting Fiber Optic Tools Fiber Cleavers 12 Surface Blade
- D YEDEMC SM&MM Automatic Fiber Optical Fusion Splicer Integrate Visual Fault Locator and Optical Power Meter (Ai-9) & Fiber Cleaver Kit (Green_Box_Ai-9)
- Fencia FC-6S FTTH Optic Kit Assembly Termination Tool w/FC-6S Fiber Cleaver & Optical Power Meter Finder 5km & Visual Fault Locator 1mw, Black
- Lynn Electronics 1U Fiber Optic Rackmount Enclosure Panel, holds 3 LGX footprint panels or modules for a maximum capacity of 72 fibers. Fits 19 and 23 inch racks, (FRMP-1U)
- USHANLIN LC to LC Coupler Multimode LC Fiber Keystone Optic Duplex 10GB F/F for Wall Plates, Patch Panels, Surface Mount Boxes (5 Pack, LC)
- TUTOOLS Fiber Optic Cleaner,Fiber Optic connectors Cleaning,Fiber Optic Cleaner Pen with 800+ Cleans for LC/MU 1.25mm UPC/APC Ferrules Push Type
- TosLink Optical Coupler Digital Audio Fiber Optic Female Extension Adapter, 2-Pack
- FiberShack – Fiber Optic Coupler Kit for ST, LC, SC, SC/APC Cables. 4 Styles with 26 Couplers for Single-Mode & Multi-Mode Patch Cords
We’ve done a careful examination of the best-sold fiber optic accessories on Amazon and picked these items below. We’ll list the best features and specifications of these best-sellers and gives our assessment, pros and cons included. This article deals with the broad category of fiber optic accessories, and this category consists of many fiber optic components, including popular fiber optic patch cords, strippers, drop cable slitters, OFNP plenum multimode duplex OM3 cables, fiber optic cutters, fiber cleaners, connectors, adapters or couplers, fiber optic cable testers, high-precision cable cutting tools, fiber optic fusion splicers, FTTH fiber optic Kit/Assembly, fiber optic power meter, cold connection tool kit, enclosure panels, fast connector. The list doesn’t come in a specific order.
Jonard’s fiber inspection microscope has 400x magnification, a focus wheel, and features 2. 5 mm (FC/SC/ST) and 1. 25mm (LC) adapters for use on most fiber connectors. The achromatic lens offers excellent imaging and the integrated laser filters provide a safe experience (not intended for use with illuminated fibers).
Coaxial illumination provides a clear view of the connector face and fiber. LED light for long battery life.
Includes cushioned nylon case and three AAA batteries.
The microscope has a rubber cover for protection.
CE certified to EU standards.
About this item
- What’s In It: Fiber Inspection Microscope, 2. 5 mm (FC/SC/ST) adapter, 1. 5 mm (LC) adapter, User Manual, 3 AAA batteries, Nylon Carrying Case
- Powerful Magnification: Achromatic lens provides excellent imaging up to 400x magnification
- Universal Use: Includes 2. 5 mm (FC/SC/ST) and 1. 5 mm (LC) adapters for use on most fiber connectors
- Safety Filters: Integrated laser filters help keep your eyes safe
- High Durability: Uses an LED light for long battery life and has a rubber cover for protection
This scope is a must-have fiber tool. It’s easy to use and well-built. It even has a good feel to it. A great product and necessary for a beginner’s use. You can see the difference before and after cleaning fibers.
With the 400x you can even see the dried residue left by alcohol wipes before you polish it.
Well recommended. Anyway, you get what you pay for, buy once cry once.
The Jonard FOD-2000 fiber optic drop cable slitter cuts slits in the end or mid-span in 0.250″ flat drop fiber optic cables. The cable slitter cuts both sides of the cable to provide access to the fiber or strength member. The slitter can be used to cut mid-spans. Jonard Industries manufactures hand tools for telecom, fiber optics, and electronic industries. The company, founded in 1958 and headquartered in Tuckahoe, NY, complies with Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directives.
About this item
- Award-Winning Design: Simplifies the slitting of 0.250″ (and other) flat drop cable jackets at mid-span or end sections and is perfect for FTTH technicians working with flat drop fiber cables
- Quick And Easy: Slits both sides of the jacket simultaneously, allowing easy access to fiber or strength members
- For Corning Cable: Slits flat cables 0.305″ to 0.350″ wide and 0.155″ to 0.185″ high, typically found in Corning SST-Drop flat cables with a jacket thickness of 0.03” to 0.04”
- Prevents Damage: separate the jacket and strength members from the buffer tube leaving fiber undamaged
- Reversible Blades: Two reversible blades come preassembled and can be reversed when worn for double life
- Designed to slit 0.250” flat drop cables as well as various other cables such as Super Essex Communications Series 6U, 6T tonable, W7, W7 tonable, 6U 24F, and 6T 24F tonable flat drop cables
- Slits flat cables 0.305″ to 0.350″ wide and 0.155″ to 0.185″ high, typically found in Corning SST-Drop flat cables with a jacket thickness of 0.03” to 0.04”
- Slits both sides of the jacket simultaneously, allowing easy access to fiber or strength members
- Can separate the jacket and strength members from the buffer tube leaving fiber undamaged
- Two reversible blades come preassembled and can be reversed when worn for double life
- Replacement Blade: FOD-RB25
- Recipient of NSPE New Product Award
You ‘NEED’ this if you deal with flat drop. Works like a charm. I made one attempt to open a flat drop without this tool. What a pain. This makes prep so easy.
However, it should come with more blades. This works just fine but given that it’s a specialty tool it’d be nice if it came with extra blades. Wore out too fast.
These blades work BUT DO NOT LAST LONG. They seem to have to be replaced after only a few uses, tips break off. This may have been a bad batch or not heat treated correctly.
About this item
- 100M(328FT), OM3 LC-LC Fiber Optic Patch Cable Multimode 10Gb is designed for high-density applications in gigabit ethernet, fiber channel, local area networks, data center, premise installation, wide area networks, commercial, and so on, ideal for connecting 10G SR, 10G LRM, SFP+ transceivers, etc. for 10G/40G/100G Ethernet connections and is the preferred fiber specification for 10G Ethernet connections.
- Maximum Transmission Distance – 1Gb Ethernet Distance of 550Meters at 850nm; 10Gb Ethernet Distance of 300Meters at 850nm; 40Gb Ethernet Distance of 300Meters at 850/nm; 100Gb Ethernet Distance of 200Meters at 850nm. The bandwidth is 2000 MHz·km @850nm.
- 7.5mm Minimum Bend Radius – High Rated 50/125um Fiber and Cladding, which is Insensitive to bending, easy peeling, easy welding, ensure small optical loss and stable transmission (insertion loss≤0.3dB, return loss ≥30dB.), Ideal for SAN network cabinets that require 20 or more bends in the cabinet or high-density installations with cables crammed into an extremely small footprint.
- Construction Design – LSZH environmentally friendly Jacket; Adjustable connector clips allow individual fiber access; Embossed A/B position labels on the duplex clip and jacket tag rings labeled 1 & 2 provide quick identification of Tx and Rx when installing, testing, and troubleshooting equipment connections; UPC polish and Japan made zirconia ceramic ferrules with high return loss, low insertion loss, and low attenuation features, provide precise alignment to ensure the signal integrity.
- FLYPROFiber focuses on fiber optics for 15 years, each cable is tested in the factory to meet quality control and insertion loss requirements. Save labor cost and troubleshooting time with these fiber cords that are ready to use. They provide 5 years warranty, free replacement, and an unconditional 90-day full refund guarantee. This cable is suitable for indoor use.
No need to spend more on fiber cables. The other brands that Amazon sells are of the same quality but cost more money. These work perfectly fine and are reliable. Anyway, I recommend these cables because they’re cheap, well made, and wired/terminated correctly for straight runs (which is what you need from fiber converter to switch, etc).
The cables work great once you get the clip off the end and are able to get the TX and RX to line up on both ends. I ordered two of these and both came clipped together with one side being TX, RX, and the other being RX, TX.
Great product with availability and quick delivery.
The Jonard Tools JIC-375 Three Hole Fiber Optic Stripper performs all common fiber stripping functions.
- Angled jaw guides fiber into the 3rd hole to prevent accidental cutting of the fiber
- A safety lock allows the tool to be easily stored when not in use
- The tool is made of strong high carbon steel and the handle is made of TPR (thermoplastic rubber) for high durability and greater comfort
About this item
- Versatile Use: Three hole fiber optic stripper performs all common fiber stripping functions
- High Precision: The tool can strip the outside fiber jacket from the interior buffer coating and 250-micron coating all the way down to the glass fiber without nicks or scratches
- Convenient Storage: The safety lock allows the tool to be easily stored when not in use
- Long Term Durability: The tool is made of strong high carbon steel and the handle is made of TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber) for longer life and greater comfort.
Strips fiber tight buffer cleanly without angling. You can strip fiber with fast, totally perpendicular strokes. A great time saver and I haven’t broken a strand in 500 splices. These strippers have worked perfectly on both single and multimode fiber.
However, a customer also complained that, although it strips the 900-micron buffer down to the 250 just fine, once you try to get down to the 125-micron fiber, many will break on you. Perhaps his isn’t adjusted properly, not sure.
Very nice for the price.
LC to LC Fiber Patch Cable Single Mode Duplex – 1m (3.28ft) – 9/125um OS1 LSZH – Beyondtech PureOptics Cable Series
Beyondtech created a Singlemode OS1 9/125 Fiber Patch Cable with Future-Proof Speed and a Strong Connectivity. This cable provides exceptional transmission performance and low signal losses.
It has easy-to-identify white, blue, and black boots with yellow (A, B) Plastic rings markers and also features Removable dust caps for reliable fiber and great connectivity.
About this item
- Beyondtech Pre-terminated connectors on both ends LC to LC Fiber Patch Cable Single mode 9/125 OS1 fiber is specially designed for fast Ethernet, Fiber Channel, Gigabit Ethernet Speeds, data center, premises, educational, LAN, SAN, commercial, 10GBASE-L (1310 nm), 10GBASE-E (1550 nm), 1000BASE-LX (1300 nm) and Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) applications. It supports video, data, and voice services.
- This fiber OS1 LC-LC 1 Meter LSZH Fiber Patch Cord conforms with TIA/EIA 492AAAA and IEC60793-2-10 A1b standards and complies with RoHS specifications.
- This SM singlemode fiber has a yellow color jacket with a 3.00mm diameter. OS1 cables have a 0.25 dB/km attenuation at 1550 nm and 0.35 dB/km at 1310 nm.
- These LC to LC Single-mode Duplex OS1 fiber patch cords operate at -20ºC to +70ºC and have a minimum installation bending radius of 5.0 cm and a minimum long-term bending radius of 3 cm.
- OS1 patch cords allow for connections between patching panels and network and server equipment. OS1 9/125 patch cords are commonly used in passive applications (GPON, FTTX, and LANs) – LC duplex connectors are joined with a plastic clip, easy to remove in case you need to separate the connectors.
- Wavelengths: 1310 and 1550nm
- Color Code: Yellow
- Bend Radius: Minimum / 5cm
- Cable Jacket: 3.0mm LSZH
- Operating Temperature: -4° to 158° F (-20° to +70° C)
- Fiber Core: OS1 9/125
- Jacket: Standard Zip Cord Duplex
- Length in Meters: 1
- Length in Feets: 3.28084
- Termination: Connector A (LC) / Connector B (LC)
- Polarity: A(Tx) to B(Rx)
- Insertion Loss: ≤0.3dB
- Return Loss: ≥50dB
- Polish: UPC to UPC
- Fiber Grade: G.652D
Well-built. Way better quality than you would expect. The ST barrels on the end seem to be of high quality and there seems to be no weakness at the head just behind the barrel where cheap fiber usually breaks. These are being used for communications in a utility substation.
These cords have a nice and thick jacket on them so they feel substantial in your hand and don’t feel like they’re going to snap with the smallest bend like the other crappy patches. A coworker found these and since we’ve been going through all our racks swapping out the skinny fibers for these. Without a doubt, these patch cords are worth every single penny.
Buy them now, you won’t regret it.
Jonard Tools CST-1900 Round Cable Stripper for Fast and Precise Jacket Removal, 3/16″ to 1 1/8″ Diameter
The patented Jonard Tools CST-1900 Round Cable Strip & Ring Tool is designed for fast and precise removal of cable jackets from round cables that are 3/16” to 1 1/8” (4. 5 mm to 29 mm) in diameter. This round cable stripper features a Triple Action design as it can make longitudinal cuts for end stripping, spiral cuts for end and mid-span stripping, and circular cuts for jacket removal. It has a patented stripping mechanism that provides a “spiral stripping mode” to strip and remove tough insulations and can cut through a variety of jacket materials such as PVC (polyvinyl chloride), rubber, and PE (polyethylene), and many more. The spring-loaded blade can be adjusted to make it easy to work with multiple round cable sizes ranging from 3/16″ to 1 1/8″ (4. 5 mm to 29 mm) in diameter. This round cable stripper is Made for Life as Jonard Tools makes high-quality tools that are designed to last a lifetime.
About this item
- Adjustable Blade: Makes it easy to work with multiple round cable sizes ranging from 3/16” to 1 1/8” (4. 5 mm to 29 mm) in diameter
- Spiral Stripping Mode: For stripping and removing tough insulations
- VersatilityLong-life replaceable cutting blade
- Patented Design: Patented stripping mechanism provides a “spiral stripping mode” to strip and remove tough insulations
- Triple Action Tool: Makes longitudinal cuts for end stripping, spiral cuts for end and mid-span stripping, and circular cuts for jacket removal
- REPLACEMENT BLADE AVAILABLE: Jonard Tools cable strippers are made for high durability and long life, replacement blade part number is CST-7915
Very Good… Not a Great Cable Stripper.
The adjustment wheel is very hard to turn and the tool definitely requires a very strong thumb force to push upward on the cable brace as it is.
The primary complaint with this stripper is there is no method to ensure repeatability, such as a numbered scale or index on the cutter height adjustment wheel.
Another awkward drawback is that you have to rotate the entire handle (as opposed to pushing a lever or button) 90 degrees to slit the cable jacket longitudinally. You just have to make sure that the direction rotation is opposed to that of the cutter motion down (or up) the cable.
But if you take your time and slit the cable properly and don’t get in a hurry it’s a beautiful thing. So all in all this tool pays for itself the first time you use it, especially when dealing with direct burial type cable.
Ultra Spec Cables’ OM1 (62.5/125) Fiber Optic Cables are pre-terminated with LC to LC Connectors, so they are ready for deployment in any Faster Ethernet Network environment. The cables are manufactured using Corning Optical Fiber and OFNR Rated PVC Zipcord jackets, which are lightweight, flexible, and non-flammable. Each cable is factory tested for insertion and return loss to ensure maximum performance and reliability. They’re available in lengths from 0.3M up to 300M and in SC, ST, FC, and LC configurations with alternate modes and polishes.
- Corning fiber and cladding
- PVC Zip Cord, OFNR Jacketing
- Pre-terminated with connectors on both ends
- 100% inspected and tested for insertion loss
- 1 Meter in length
A customer’s comment won 13 approval. It says
BRUTAL 150 METER INSTAL — STILL WORKS
bought two 150-meter length cables for an industrial application. our heavy-handed electricians installed them, violating every bend radius, compression, and pull strength norm that applies; repeatedly. the things still work. 1gig single mode. OS1. … from now on, anything less than 400′ we’re going patch cable all the way.
Cheap, and works. There are much more expensive cables out there, but these work. I’ve run them up to 1Gb/s with no collisions or other traffic errors on my switches. The more expensive cables out there often come with fancy extras like a “lifetime warranty” but if a cable fails, are you really going to bother with doing a warranty claim? Nope, you’re going to replace the cable so you can get back up and running faster. These cables cost less than half the cost of the more expensive cables with lifetime warranties, so it’s cheaper to buy one and have a spare ready for instant replacement.
Also, it arrived in good condition.
Cable Matters OFNP Plenum Multimode Duplex OM3 Fiber Cable 9.8 Feet / 3m (40Gb 10Gb, LC to LC, 50/125 Fiber Optic Cable, Fiber Patch Cable)
The Cable Matters LC to LC Multimode 50/125 fiber cords are OM3 rated for the extreme demands of SAN networks. They are precision factory tested for insertion and return loss to ensure transmission performance according to TIA-568-C.3 specifications. The combination of LC connectors in a protective yoke, strain relief boots, and zirconia ceramic ferrules provides a dependable, low-loss performance.
Plenum Safety Rated
The OFNP (plenum) rating conforms to strict NEC building safety codes but is compatible with unrated or OFNR (riser) rated applications.
100% Factory Tested with Small Form Factor LC Connectors
Each cable is tested in the factory to meet quality control and insertion loss requirements. Save labor cost and troubleshooting time with these fiber cords that are ready to use.
About this item
- Multimode fiber duplex OM3 50/125-micron fiber cables with dual small form factor LC connectors are designed for 10 Gigabit applications in SAN networks and data centers; OM3 LOMMF (laser optimized multi-mode fiber) rated; Connects to VCSEL laser network equipment such as SFP+ transceivers, Ethernet switches, media converters, industrial Ethernet devices, and optical fiber NIC’s
- Flexible installation and maintenance fiber cord with adjustable, clips and removable dust caps to protect the fibers during installation while allowing individual fiber access; Embossed A/B position labels on the duplex clip and jacket tag rings labeled 1 & 2 provide quick ID when installing and troubleshooting; Tight-buffered cable with a duplex 2.0 x 4.2mm Zipcord design; LC connectors in a protective yoke with slim-profile boots, PC polish, and zirconia ceramic ferrules for precise alignment
- Bend insensitive design of the LC to LC cable allows for a 7.5mm bending radius that is 4X more flexible than standard 50-micron fiber cables without introducing any macro-bending loss; Ideal for SAN network cabinets that require 20 or more bends in the cabinet or high-density installations with cables crammed into an extremely small footprint; Bend insensitive multimode fiber (BIMMF) is interoperable with standard OM3 cabling systems
- Standards compliant OM3 cable includes a superior OFNP (plenum) safety fire rating that meets UL 910 regulations and substitutes for OFNR (riser) rated cable; TIA/EIA compliant A to B wiring with a color-coded aqua jacket and beige connectors; OM3 classification rating operates with Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-LX, 1000Base-SX, or 10GBase-S/LR4/LRM, and Fibre Channel 100/200/400/1200-MX; Backwards compatible with FDDI, and Fast Ethernet 10/100BASE SX or FX
- 10G compatible with SFP+ transceivers modules such as 10Gtek for Cisco SFP-10G-SR, 10Gtek for Ubiquiti 10Gb SFP+, 10Gtek for Intel E10GSFPSR 10Gb, 10Gtek Cisco Compatible GLC-T/SFP-GE-T, 10Gtek for Netgear AMX761, 10Gtek for Cisco GLC-SX/MMD/ GLC-SX/MM/ SFP-GE-S, Cisco MGBSX1 Gigabit SX Mini-GBIC, 10Gtek for Mellanox MFM1T02A-SR, TRENDnet Gigabit SFP LC Module, TP-LINK TL-SM311LM, Cisco SFP-10G-SR, HP Mini-GBIC Gigabit-SX-LC, and StarTech Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Media Converter
It is well-built and has no issues. It has everything you needed! Using this paired with 10Gtek for Mellanox MFM1T02A-SR, 10Gb/s SFP+ Transceiver module, 10GBASE-SR, MMF, 850nm, 300-meter, to use with Four Luxul AMS-4424P switches in stacked mode and it works flawlessly.
The thing I like about the MMF I used is that it is so much less bulky than copper and collisions are impossible since there is one fiber for each direction so they can be very far apart and still behave as one huge switch in one spot.
This is a great quality cable at a very reasonable price. Repeatedly buy.
PacSatSales – Fiber Optic Internet Cable – Single Mode Patch Cable – SIMPLEX – OS1-9/125um (1M, SC/APC to SC/APC)
About this item
- Commercial Grade Cables – Industry proved 1 Meter SCAPC-SCAPC Single-mode Fiber optic cable is perfect for industrial or Fiber to the home installations. This cable is commonly used for Verizon Fios, Google Fiber and more FTTH in-home Fiber optic network optimizations and extensions.
- Quality Rated – This 1M / 3ft SC/APC-SC/APC Singlemode fiber – SMF – meets all UL, cUL, IEC & RoHS standards. These SM SX fiber patch cables are OS1 9/125 – ideal for all Single-mode fiber networks including CATV type FTTH, FTTB & FTTP systems.
- Free Coupler Included – SC/APC Coupler is included with each cable for easy extension/connection of 2 cables
- Product Details:
- Connector SCAPC/SCAPC
- Mode: 9/125μm.
- Wavelength: 1310nm to 1550nm.
- Jacket Material: PVC (default)/LSZH/OFNP.
- Jacket Color: Yellow.
- OD: standards 2.0/3.0 (default)/0.9/3.0mm
- Trusted Supplier – Since 1989, Pacific Satellite Inc has been installing commercial CATV systems and networks throughout the USA. They independently source their own brand high spec suite of fiber optic products for HDTV, SDI, and Analog MATV systems.
- For Fiber Professionals & In-home Fiber Upgrades. Their Cables are custom designed for Performance, with Thicker Cable protection and high-quality Fiberglass.
- Compatibility – Their popular SC/APC to SC/APC Fiber Optic Cables range is extremely popular with many home Fiber Optic Installers & Customers who want to re-route their Fiber Providers boxes.
- Proven in the field. They deliver Live Cable feeds to some of the largest racetracks and sporting venues across America, where mission-critical performance is essential to their business.
- No additional cleaning required.
- Premium quality and Bulk Purchase options
- Pre-Tested. Every 9/125μm patch cable is RoHS compliant and is optically tested for insertion loss to ensure quality.
- Suitable for all networks. CATV, FTTH, FTTB and FTTP systems.
If your pet chewed your Verizon Fios fiber optic cable, this is the replacement you want. Once your pet chewed your fiber optic cable, all you need to find was an SC to SC APC fiber optic cable. Once you received the cable, all you have to do is to unplug the old one and plug this one in, and the internet will work right away.
Save yourself a technician visit and order this cable if your fiber optic cable was inadvertently cut or damaged.
If you need to move your AT&T fiber line to a new network rack. AT&T will charge you 150 dollars to perform the service. Why not buy this cable and do it yourself?
The Jonard Tools JIC-186 Wire and Kevlar Cutting Shears are designed to cut Kevlar, cabling insulation, tape, cable ties, and other materials with ease.
- High carbon stainless steel blades are heat-treated to HRC 58-60 for longer life and durability
- Handles are made of dual component nylon and Santoprene material and are ergonomically designed for superior comfort and long-term durability
- Adjustable hinge under protective cap
- Serrated blade for gripping as well as sharp and durable cutting
- Serrated Blade
- Long-Term Durability
- Clean Cuts
Fantastic for rope splicing. These work great for all the fibers you’ll come across – including Dyneema/Spectra/Amsteel, Kevlar, aramid, and other tough/slippery materials. Very happy with their performance.
Overall, well made. Stays sharp when you cut Kevlar. Perfect in the hands. And these can cut thru pretty much anything.
FiberShack – FTTH Fiber Optic Cleaning Box – Fiber Cleaner for SC & LC End Faces & Optical Connectors – 500+ Cleans
About this item
- Cleans Fast: It is pocket-sized, lightweight, and an essential part of every fiber optic cleaning kit. Clean Fiber without the use of Alcohol or Solvents.
- Site Proven: Industry professionals use this Optical Fiber Cleaner daily on mission-critical projects. A hybrid fabric leaves no lint and cleans dirty fiber with a swipe.
- Carry Case Included – This Fiber Cleaning Box Comes with a Leather pouch to protect against damage when stored in your Fiber Cleaning kit
- Cleans Multiple Surfaces – This box works as an SC, FC, ST, APC, or LC Fiber Cleaner, as well as an Optical Connector Cleaner.
- Reliably Tested: FiberShacks Fiber Cable Cleaners get used daily on client sites across the USA. In addition to the cleaning pen range, this box is an essential part of every installer’s Fiber tool kit.
- Trusted Supplier: Since 1989, Pacific Satellite Inc has been installing commercial CATV systems and networks throughout the USA. Under the brand name Fibershack they independently source a cost-effective, high-quality suite of fiber optic products for HDTV, SDI, and Analog MATV systems.
- LC and SC/ST/FC Fiber Optic Cleaning pens.
- Bulk purchase reductions to help you subsidize large orders
- Field Tested and proven on client sites across the USA.
- Fiber optic dust caps and kits for 2.5mm Fiber faces, and Red caps for Entry ports.
Great fiber cleaner. This will exceed your expectations. It looks somewhat similar to a cle-top cassette-type fiber cleaner. And it works as well as the cle-top cleaner for a 1/3 of the price and it comes with a nice little storage pouch.
Huge savings. If you still debating on ordering it, don’t. You will not be disappointed.
High leverage design for superior cutting ability. Designed with a shear-type jaw for cutting aluminum and soft copper. Not for use on steel or ACSR-type cables. Cuts up to 100-pair cables (24 AWG). Red handle 9-1/2″ long. 9-1/4″ Cable cutter length. The jaw measures 13/16″ in width by 1/2″ in thickness.
About this item
- High Leverage Design: Handles are flared outward for superior leverage and cutting ability
- Shear-Type Jaw: Designed with a shear-type jaw for cutting aluminum and soft copper
- Large Cable Cutter: Cuts up to 100-pair 24 AWG cables
- Wide Jaws: 1″ long x 7/8″ wide x 7/16″ thick
- Warning: Not for use on steel or ACSR type cables
A quality tool for professionals. This is the industry standard tool for cutting heavy gauge wire. You can use it for 1/0, 2, 4, and 6 AWG stranded wire and welding cable. It is very sharp and strong. As a loyal customer commented:
I have a couple of these cutters, one in my toolbox, and one in my tool bag. One is at least 3 years old, the other is over a year old. I use them every day and they are still sharp. The older one has a few nicks on the jaw blades but still cuts fine.
Caution: It could cut a finger off no problem, so don’t let kids play with them!
However, there are also customers complaining about its durability. A customer’s comment with 8 more approval said:
I really like these, but am disappointed in the durability…Cutters worked really well, but at the end of the day (~40 cuts) the cutting surfaces had large dents in them. I only cut the copper wire, nothing else.
All in all, give it a shot.
KELUSHI Fiber Optic Connector, FC Male to LC Female Hybrid Optical Fiber Convertor Adapter Compatible with Optical Power Meter Visual Fault Locator
About this item
- Repeatability (dB)≤ 0.20
- Interchangeability (dB)≤ 0.20
- Sleeve material: Zirconia ceramics
- Operating Temperature (degree): -25 ~ + 75
- Working wavelength: 1200nm~1600nm
- Material: Ceramic + Metal
- Mating times: less than 1000
- Product size: 10mm*47mm
Great adapter used for testing. Works great between Fiber cable and Meter on the other end.
A customer from Germany reviewed:
Funktioniert wirklich gut. Das hatte ich schon lange gesucht. Kam gut verpackt vom Anbieter aus China. Kann ich nur empfehlen.
Works really well. I had been looking for this for a long time. Came well packaged from the supplier from China. I can only recommend it.
The only drawback is that they should send it with secure enclosed protection in case it’s left out and maybe gets damaged by some other tools. Other than that it’s a great product.
D YEDEMC Fiber Optic Cable Tester Portable Optical Fiber Power Meter FC/SC/ST Universal Interface Fiber Tester Built-in 1Mw Visual Fault Locator (OPM&VFL)
Hand-held optical power meters products are mainly used for continuous optical signal power measurement, optical fiber link loss testing, and optical fiber line on-off testing. It is controlled by a single chip microprocessor with complete functions. Widely used in optical cable construction and maintenance, optical fiber communication, optical cable sensing, optical CATV, and other fields.
The fuselage design meets the requirements of human body function and adopts advanced thermoplastic molding technology, which is beautiful and durable. The red-light integrator of optical power can be well protected by using embedded detectors and lasers.
About this item:
- Support 850/980/1300/1310/1490/ 1550/1625/1650nm wavelengths.
- Test range: -70dBm~+6dBm.
- 1mw red light source.
- Support lighting, automatic shutdown, backlight selection, wavelength memory function, and user calibration.
- Support FC/SC/ST universal interface, RJ45 testing, simultaneous display of linear mW and non-linear index dBm.
- Lifetime Customer Service.
- Calibration Wavelength: 800~1700nm
- Optical Connector: FC/SC/ST universal interface
- Detector Type: InGaAs
- Measurement Range: -70 ~ 6dBm
- Accuracy: ±0.05dB
- Standard wavelength: 850, 980, 1300, 1310, 1490, 1550, 1625,1650nm
- VFL: 2mW 650nm light source
- Working temperature:-10~+60℃
- Auto-off time:10 Mins
- Power Supply: AAA Dry Battery
- Dimension(mm): 11.2×6.6x3cm
- Weight: 140g
Accurate, small in size, multifunctional, and crystal clear display. Small in size but produces very accurate readings plus the black rubber cap prevents dust and other particles from obscuring the lens when not in use. As an added bonus the built-in RJ45 tester is pretty useful.
However, the manual comes with minimal instructions written in fine Engrish. Thus it is not clear enough. If you’re not a technician, you might have no idea how to use it.
Overall, Great price. The only trouble is figuring out how to use it.
Fiber Cleaver Ftth Fiber Optic Tools High Precision 6C Cable Cutting Fiber Optic Tools Fiber Cleavers 12 Surface Blade
About this item
- Bare fiber diameter:125um
- Coating diameter:250-900um
- Cleaving angle:0.5-0.8 degrees with single fiber
- Cleave Length: 9 – 16mm (Single Fiber – 0.25mm Coating) 10 – 16mm (Single Fiber – 0.9mm Coating)
- Blade life:48000 times
- Product Dimensions: 2.65 x 2.81 x 2.01 inches
Works great. Quite a bargain when you get one that cleaves clean – would recommend these to anyone.
However, these cleavers are hit and miss – had one that was a rock star, another that was basically spare parts and DOA on arrival, another that would work 90% of the time, and now another rock star!
Although purchasing on Amazon cost a little more but you can return the ones that don’t perform well.
D YEDEMC SM&MM Automatic Fiber Optical Fusion Splicer Integrate Visual Fault Locator and Optical Power Meter (Ai-9) & Fiber Cleaver Kit (Green_Box_Ai-9)
About this item
AI-9 fusion splicer uses the latest core alignment technology and is a next-generation of a fiber fusion splicer.
- Built-In Optical Power Meter: working at 850/1300/1310/1490/1550/1625nm wavelengths
- Measuring Range:-70 ~ +6db
- Built-in Visual Fault Locator
- Built-in battery:7800 mA high-capacity lithium battery with charging time ≤ 3.5 hours.
- Fiber holders:3 in 1 fiber holder, SM, MM, bare fiber, pigtail, rubber-insulated, multi-fiber cable.
- Applicable Fibers: SM (G.652&G.657)、MM(G.651)、DS(G.657)、NZDS(G.655).
- Splice Loss: 0.025dB(SM)、0.01dB(MM)、0.04dB(DS/NZDS).
- Shrinkable tube: 60\50\40\25mm
- Control technology: Real-time control and calibration of fusion ARC.
Great budget kit
I have been using this splicer for about 3 months now, with about 1,500 splices under its belt. It’s not a super fancy splicer, but it does the job at a fraction of the cost of the cheapest name-brand splicer.
- Fiber splicer: In order to do any changes on the machine, you must download an app. The machine does have a decent customization menu though. I tested a few splices when I first got the machine, and it does create a splice with very minimal loss if any. It is core alignment, and very rarely produces a splice higher than .03dB loss.
- The only flaw I repeatedly have with the machine is the inability to recognize some bad cleaves. For that reason, I turned off the automatic splice setting so that it pauses and I can check both cleaves before the splice. If your cleaver has a clean cut 100% of the time, then there is no need to turn off the auto setting.
- Fiber stripper: The fiber stripper works perfectly. I prefer them over my name-brand strippers, especially due to having more ergonomic handles. Breaking a fiber while trying to strip it has been very few, far, and in between.
- Fiber cleaver: The cleaver works great 90% of the time when adjusted properly. Mine had to be adjusted out of the box as I was consistently getting cracked cleaves. It works well enough now for me to not get frustrated, or feel the need to buy a cleaver that cost almost the same price as this entire kit.
- Alcohol Dispenser: The container is a bit small so it will have to be refilled more often. If your goal is to soak your cloth with alcohol, you will need to do quite a few pumps. It’s not the worst dispenser I’ve used though.
- VFL and Power Meter: I have not had a chance to confirm the accuracy of the power meter yet, but the VFL is plenty bright.
- Case: I really like the design of the case, with the fiber splicer being stored on top, with the tools being stored in a slide-out drawer below. The stool that comes with it is tiny. Most people will probably have no use for it.
Overall, I’m happy with my machine so far, and would definitely consider buying again if need be.
Fencia FC-6S FTTH Optic Kit Assembly Termination Tool w/FC-6S Fiber Cleaver & Optical Power Meter Finder 5km & Visual Fault Locator 1mw, Black
About this item
- Rapid FTTH Toolkit
- Quick Cold Connector
- Easy to Operate: This FC-6S optical fiber cleaver is available with a single fiber adapter for 250 to 900 micron-coated single fibers. It is a simple operation for the user to remove or install the single fiber adapter and alternate between mass and single fiber cleaving
- Portable & Travel: Light-weight and small size. Easy to operate. Can be used for indoor cable stripping, coating layer, and positioning length. It can be used to locate the indoor cable into the optical fiber cutting knife
- Satisfaction & Service: Lifetime customer service
- Small size, simple button operation.
- Power and insertion loss measurement
- Pocket size. lightweight, easy to use, and easy to carry.
- Precise mechanical tolerance to ensure a clean and smooth operation.
First off, everything in this kit works. The meter works better than the $500 one that my employer bought and you must toggle back-and-forth on screens to get your readings as opposed to this meter showing both readings on one screen.
Very happy and impressed that my coworkers that have been in fiber longer than me are wowed by the ease of use as opposed to our work-assigned meters. Often asked where I purchased and everyone is shocked at the kit price being so low with a good and easy-to-use tool kit!
One issue is the instructions to adjust the cleaver are in Chinese.
Anyway, Great for the price!
Lynn Electronics 1U Fiber Optic Rackmount Enclosure Panel, holds 3 LGX footprint panels or modules for a maximum capacity of 72 fibers. Fits 19 and 23 inch racks, (FRMP-1U)
1U Fiber Optic Rack Mount Panel can be used with either 19″ or 23″ racks and cabinets. Holds up to 3 LGX footprint strips/modules for a maximum capacity of 72 fibers. Included in the panel are 4 mounting screws, 4 x 4″ plastic tie wraps, radiation sticker, 4 x 2″ cable managers with adhesive bottom, and port identification labels. The rack mount unit features a slide-out tray with built in stop to avoid overextension of fiber cables and pigtails. Two removable top panels provide easy access to splice trays, panels and terminations.
- High Quality 18 Gauge Steel
- Black Powder Coat Finish
- LGX Footprint for adapter strips and modules
- Fits on both 19″ and 23″ racks, enclosures, and cabinets
- Secure way to manage fiber terminations and splices
Decent product but one really bad design flaw.
The design is fine for the most part but the locking screw is impossible to reach without taking the back part of the lid off. You can’t take the back part of the lid off without first unscrewing the front part of the lid which depending on what is mounted above it you probably won’t be able to reach without first pulling the whole thing out of the rack. Once you have the front part off you still can’t remove the back part without unlocking the two tabs on the very back of the mount. To do this you have to be able to get your arms inside the rack and around the mount. Making sure you have enough room to do this almost completely negates the benefit of having a slide-out tray. You can’t just remove the locking screw because it is also used to prevent the tray from being pulled out all the way. So what I’ve done is crisscrossed a few strips of packing tape over the notch at the back of the unit that the locking screw locks into.
Other than this really bad design flaw the unit will be able to fulfill.
In a word, nice for terminating fiber, easy to slide out, and lockable. The locking screw is too hard to reach though.
USHANLIN LC to LC Coupler Multimode LC Fiber Keystone Optic Duplex 10GB F/F for Wall Plates, Patch Panels, Surface Mount Boxes (5 Pack, LC)
About this item
- LC to LC Coupler – Joined two LC duplex fiber patch cables together. Securely connect your 62.5/125 multimode, 50/125 multimode or 9/125 singlemode fiber optic patch cables.
- Protective Caps on the LC fiber keystone to make sure the fiber keystone jack and multimode fiber cables clean and safe. Installation of female to female keystone insert provides a professional looking installation in the home or office.
- High Quality – Panel-mountable for convenient access to all your connections and designed for long term reliability. This product is precision engineered, manufactured with high quality materials and built to last longer than the cables it connects.
- Compatible with OM3 10GB Multimode Cabling. These keystone inserts are compatible with wall plates, patch panels, and surface mount boxes.
- RoHS Standard – Meets the Telcordia and IEC 61754 standard, all materials compliant with RoHS requirement.
Specifications: Fiber mode: Multimode Connectors: 2 x Simplex Female Adapter color: Blue adapter and white blank Multimode OM3 10 Gigabit Channels: Duplex Body material: Plastic Sleeve material: Ceramic sleeve Package included: 5x LC Fiber Optic Coupler with Protect Caps
Works well, would buy it again. Worked almost perfectly in a side-by-side faceplate. Efficiently designed solution for rack applications. This coupler fits well with many of the fiber rack installations. The couplers have become a standard for each rack installation to simplify the presentation and function of the layout of the racks.
Great product for an excellent price. These are a perfect fit and are way more cost-effective for customers.
TUTOOLS Fiber Optic Cleaner,Fiber Optic connectors Cleaning,Fiber Optic Cleaner Pen with 800+ Cleans for LC/MU 1.25mm UPC/APC Ferrules Push Type
TUTOOLS fiber cleaner pen is suitable for many connectors, such as 2.5mm ferrule diameter SC/FC/ST connectors, and 1.25mm LC/MU. It can satisfy different customers’ needs.
- Prevention of fiber optic network failures
- Excellent effect with a lower price
- Make cleaning connectors a breeze: This fiber cleaner, made of anti-static materials, has the shape of a common pen, which can be easily handled and operated. It can rotate 180°for a full sweep.
- Extended tip: Extendable tip up to 8.46 designed to be compatible with LC/MU 1.25mm UPC/APC Fiber connectors.
Some reviews say it’s an excellent cleaner for the price.
Yet, it was criticized because of its poor quality. A customer reviewed,
The cleaning filament (string) broke on the second port I cleaned. I have used several different brands and never had one break before. So in Summary I got 1 use of an 800-use cleaning pen. How do I get a refund or exchange?
And another comment said
You get what you pay for. This broke after one use. Buyer beware.
Thus, that’s all. Buyer beware.
About this item
- Joins two fiber optic cables into one longer cable
- Gold-plated connectors
It allows you to extend a cable. Works well. Fits perfectly. Does what it’s supposed to. Keeps the cables securely in place and I haven’t noticed any drop in audio quality with it in place.
FiberShack – Fiber Optic Coupler Kit for ST, LC, SC, SC/APC Cables. 4 Styles with 26 Couplers for Single-Mode & Multi-Mode Patch Cords
About this item
Reliable, Industry tested and RoHS approved
- Kit Contains – 8 ST, 8 LC, 5 SC & 5 SC/APC Couplers in Robust and Durable hard plastic carry case organizer.
- Proven Performance – This Fiber Adapter Kit is ideal for any Singlemode or Multimode application, coupling any ST/LC/SC/SC-APC patch cord. These couplers consistently deliver top performance to clients around the world.
- Useful Design – Coupler Kits reduce the cost of purchasing separate couplers that are often more expensive. The durable Plano case ensures protection against elements out in the field and helps you organize your bag. Precision tooled metal with close tolerances for exact fit make for ideal couplers
- Trusted Supplier – Since 1989, Pacific Satellite Inc has been installing commercial CATV systems and networks throughout the USA.
Great value and a neat organizer!
The couplers come in a nice plastic organizer and won’t be rolling all over the toolbox until use. The seller also includes an offer for a free fiber patch cable, and they actually honor the offer of a free cable.
Versatile. Great deal. Problem solver. Very specialized items, nice to have a supplier for this.